why we farm
At Zawadi Farms, we believe small-scale farming plays a crucial role in building a more sustainable, healthy, and just society. By creating small scale farms, we can provide fresh, locally-sourced produce and contribute to a range of community benefits, including improved air and water quality, reduced food miles, and increased access to healthy food for all. By promoting urban farming in our communities, we are working to create a more equitable and livable world.
- We often have shorter supply chains than traditional farms, which means that produce is usually fresher and of a higher quality.
- We can help reduce food miles, decrease pollution, and promote biodiversity in the city.
- We actively support local food banks and charitable organizations, working to increase food access and nourish those in need. Through these efforts, we aim to bring our fresh, sustainably-grown produce to communities that may not otherwise have access to it while supporting these organizations’ vital work. We take pride in being a part of the local community and making a difference through our farm.
- Addressing food insecurity and improving health outcomes by providing fresh, healthy produce to people who may not have access to it through other means.
- We are reducing our food system’s environmental impacts, including reducing transportation costs and greenhouse gas emissions and promoting sustainable growing practices.
- Creating jobs and stimulating economic development in underserved communities, helping to create a more equitable and inclusive society.
- Bring people together and foster a sense of community, helping to build connections and a sense of belonging.
- Developing hands-on learning and education opportunities, helping people understand where their food comes from and the importance of sustainable agriculture.
This is our goal, this is our journey.
The Marvelous Magic of Zawadi Urban Farm: A Journey into Organic GrowingZawadi Tech
BUY SOFT COVER PRINT BUY HARD COVER PRINT Welcome to "The Marvelous Magic of Zawadi Urban Farm: A Journey into Organic Growing," the enchanting children's [...]
A World Premiere: Genetically Enhanced Cherry Tomatoes Infused with Hallucinogenic Brain-Enhancing Mushrooms, Exclusively Grown by Zawadi Farm in TorontoZawadi Tech
Zawadi Farm Lab Authors Dr. Na KuRu, Dr. Lesatima Njau, and Dr. Nai Vasha Abstract The present study explores developing and cultivating a novel genetically enhanced [...]
5 Steps I use to combat burnoutZawadi Tech
Burnout is a silent killer - sometimes, you wouldn't know it has hit you until you are down. In my first season into farming, I had [...]
What If, We The PeopleZawadi Farm Author
It has always disheartened me that farmers feel the need to compete with one another. Can’t we all just get along, lol? My dream is [...]